Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Hat making

I've started making hats again. Every Christmas break I have a little time to sort through the donations that have come in since the summer and I always vow to use up everything before the next round gets dropped off. I have a big box of yarn and since most of the country is frozen solid I figured there is someone out there that could use a nice warm hat. It is a little silly here in Northern California where is was 60 degrees today to be modeling this double layer winter cap but I guess if you were sick outside over night this would keep your ears warm. It takes about 29 minutes to make with my knitting machine and uses up a skein of yarn. Now to win the lottery so I don't have to go back to work and can stay home all day!

 

1 comment:

Farm Quilter said...

Even if you won the lottery I can't see you staying away from the kids!! You were born to teach and the pay check you get in your classroom from your kids is so much more important to you then the one the school district give you (except when you have to pay the bills)!!