Monday, October 6, 2008

tragedy for my high school

This weekend was bad for my high school. We lost two former students. The one I knew was supposed to be a senior this year. He had gotten into some trouble so his parents sent him away to one of those 'scared straight' boot camps and he had just returned not long ago. He was messing around on a motorcycle that he didn't have a license for and crashed and died instantly. He was only 17 years old.
http://www.thereporter.com/news/ci_10649239

The other was a student who graduated in 1997, before I started working at the high school. My husband knew him as did many of the other teachers I work with. He was a model student and well liked. He worked for the Richmond Police Department and was killed this weekend during a police call. He left behind a wife and two young children.
http://www.truveo.com/Richmond-Officer-On-Life-Support-After-Crash/id/1099327176

As I get details, I hope to be able to make comfort quilts for the families. I feel like all of the students from my high school are part of a family and losing one is like losing part of my family. I couldn't sleep last night when I found out about the first boy.

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Sorry for your loss-you will be dealing with the pain for a while....and two such different lives both cut short; tragic.