Monday, October 13, 2008

Quilts in Kazakhstan

http://tnlfickess.myphotoalbum.com/slideshow.php?set_albumName=album02

You have to look at this slide show of the quilts the my group sent to Kazakhstan. When I saw some of these at church on Sunday, I started to cry. Just look at the faces on these children. These are orphans and I just wish I could take them all home!

It feels so good to see the quilts in the hands of children who love them. I especially love the pictures of the boys with the quilts wrapped around their heads. How much better that fabric looks on a child, than in a bucket in my shed, not being used. I just wish there were more hours in the day!

And on a sad note, my high school lost another student. His name was Ray Britton and he graduated in 2002. He died of heart failure. This has been a very tragic month for our high school.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

How satisfying it is to see the fruits of your labors.

Your group has made a big impact on the lives of many children. Congratulations