Saturday, October 11, 2008

preschool quilt #2 finished


Boy does it feel good to get so much done in a day. Two quilts done, almost start to finish. Well, not counting all of the cutting, but most of the sewing of blocks together and the quilting AND the binding. That's something to be proud of.


Now, to cut the binding for the Girls State quilt and get that one checked off my list.


Tomorrow I'm hoping to get the two quilts made for the little girls of the Richmond Police officer who was killed last weekend. My friend from work is planning on going to his funeral and I was hoping to have her take them to his mom (their grandmother) to give to the little girls. His mother works as a teacher in my district, so if I don't get the quilts done by tomorrow, I can get them to her through district mail and she can get them to the little girls later, so I'm not too worried about this, but would like to try at least.


Tomorrow is Binky Sunday. We meet every other month and I can't believe it is time again. I'm trying to figure out a project for tomorrow's meeting. I think I'm going to try something with half square triangles. Those things scare me! But, maybe if I do them in a public place, where there are experts to help me along the way, I can overcome my fear and make something that works.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

How precious! Thanks for the photo.

You certainly are a speedy quilter, and your quilts are for such wonderful causes. Bless You.

Helen in the UK said...

What a fun project to include the children in. Bet they had a lot of fun! Hope the quilts raise lots for funds :)
Helen in the UK
fellow quilter and AC4C member

Unknown said...

If you ended up with an 'odd' number of blocks, you could do a picture of the school, a wonky school house, picture of the school mascot ...

I would certainly bid on one!