Saturday, October 4, 2008

feels good

I'm back to quilting. And boy does it feel good!

I'm working on a quilt for my daughter's science teacher. She got married over the summer. It is just a lap size quilt. At back to school night, I asked her what her favorite color was and she said blue. I had a blue top done from who knows when and today I finally got to quilt it. It feels so good to finally have the energy again to get at the quilting machine and get some stitching done!

I also have been working on mini quilts for the kittens in Ohio. I know, there are kittens in California that could use little quilts too, but my daughter is helping out with some kittens at a rescue center and I am sending these to her to take in when she goes. I wanted her to be special when she goes in and not just be another college kid who goes to play with the kittens. So, I've been working on these when I get a few minutes. I have sent her 10 so far and have another three done. Some are quilts and some are mats. I just sit and crochet when I am watching TV and don't feel like grading papers. I finally got the pictures off my camera to share.

And, then there were the phone calls. If you have been reading my blog, you will remember that I am the Binky Patrol coordinator and I get phone calls sometimes. Well, this week I got three calls. Two were from the same family, mother and daughter. They have called me in the past with fabric to donate and they are moving and had one last bag left to donate. Today I was able to pick up that last bag. Look at all of the goodies! Can you believe she didn't want to take all of this with her?






The other phone call was from a lady who has extra batting to donate. She said she has bags of it, some not even opened and will be dropping it off at the quilt shop on Thursday.

No comments: