Friday, July 11, 2008

solution to the problem

Well, after being on hold twice today for 20 minutes each time we finally decided that I should send the machine back to sewingmachinesplus.com where I bought it and they would have to take a look at it. I tried every suggestion they gave as well as everything everyone here and everywhere gave me. I really appreciate everyone trying to help me. I think it is a timing issue with the machine. I'm hoping they send me a new machine instead of trying to fix this one and send it back. I don't have 2 weeks to wait for this one to come back with the same troubles. I feel like I've given enough of my time and frustration to this one and I want what I paid for. A brand new machine that works. I have to call back on Monday because by the time I finally gave up and called it quits and the guy on the other end agreed to have me send it back, it was about 4:30 and he said it was too late to do anything today anyways and I would have to call on Monday for the shipping label. It will take2 days to get to them and 2 days to get back to me and I doubt they would fix it in a day, so I'm sure we are looking at 2 weeks minimum if they wanted to fix this one.I tried putting a size 18 needle in it and it started squealing and then started skipping stitches. I didn't get a chance to tell the guy that, but you can be sure Monday morning he will hear about that one. That can't be a good sign.I've already put $50 into thread and extra needles and gas going back and forth to the sewing machine shop and at least $1,000 worth of frustration. This is why you don't buy sewing machines online =(

No comments: