Sunday, July 27, 2008

organizational day

Do you ever feel the need to take stock in what you have and figure out what needs to be done? Well, today is such a day. I have about 50 projects going. I don't mean, 50 projects wanting to be done. I mean 50 projects all being worked on. There is the T shirt quilt and the dog house and the garage cleaning and the backyard lawn-scaping and the bindings of quilts and the quilts for the kids whose mother was stuck and killed by lightening. I just need a day to figure out where I am in each of these projects and where I want to be in 3 weeks when I have to go back to work. I hate this part of summer. Then, there is Ariel going off to college and the panic attacks when I really stop to think about her leaving. It scares me that she will be so far away. If you look on a map and see where exactly Oberlin, Ohio is from California, that's practically a zillion miles away and it breaks this mother's heart. I got a webcam the other day so now I have to figure out how to use that and maybe it will help to be able to see her every day but I doubt it.



Here's what I got done yesterday and today so far. This is the quilt I'm working on for one of the boys whose mother was stuck by lightning. The fabric came in the mail last week from San Jose and the pattern is called Illinois Crossroads. I just need to quilt and bind it now.

2 comments:

Quilty bird said...

OH, NO! I love it! Ack! I, also, have a huge amount of unfinished projects of all types.

And, I also work at a school and my summer is coming to an end! Must...not...start...anything...new

Quilty bird said...

Oh, and by any chance are you an Aries? (I don't "believe", but always check my horoscope for fun.)

This is from today's paper:

ARIES: Your ability to concentrate may not be up to its usual standards, and you might find yourself starting one job after another - but finishing none.

Well, at least I'll have an excuse for today.