Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cutting party

Today was the North Hills Quilter's Cutting Party. We met at Cory's house and there were 6 of us sorting fabrics. I brought 6 boxes of fabric. Each box had about 50 yards in it. We pulled fabrics that went together and sorted them into threes. Each baggie contained 3 yards of fabrics that went together. The ladies are going to take the fabrics home to sew into the quilt tops and then bring them back to me to quilt them. I think we put together about 25 or so quilt tops.

But, what I want to know is, why did I bring back 5 boxes of fabric? Where did the fabric go? How is it that the remaining fabric expanded so much to fill the space left by the missing fabric?

I forgot to take my camera to the party, but next time I will and take some pictures of all the sorting and matching going on.

No comments: