Friday, July 18, 2008

2nd Not So Top Secret Project

Finished the second Not So Top Secret Top and it is in the box of other tops waiting to get full so I can ship it to Alycia for her Quilts of Valor project. Have you made one yet? You can find the pattern on the left hand side of this webpage under favorite patterns. It is easy and turns out great! I have one more in blues/creams cut out and then I'm going to make one in scrappy colors, maybe greens? I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the look of this quilt and think every Veteran should have one =)

This is the first top I finished. This one looks like the pattern on Alycia's website. As I looked at the second one, there was something different about it and it took me forever to figure out what I did 'wrong'! Here is the first one for you to compare. Look how I turned the 16 patch blocks on the second one (not on purpose of course) and got a totally different effect on it. I love the second one too, but it isn't the same as the pattern. Sorry, Alycia, I can't follow directions.

3 comments:

Granny said...

It looks great both ways. I wouldn't consider it a mess up at all! That's the joy of quilting . . you've just come up with your own design! :)

Helen in the UK said...

It is amazing how different it looks!! Congrats to you on coming up with your own twist, even if it was accidental :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I like it both ways!! You know we "professionals" LOL - say if you make a mistake do it at least 3 times and then it is a design element! So you are now a designer!!!